Thursday, November 29

DOAG2007: Second Day and back in my office


DOAG 2007 in Nuernberg closed the doors. Now I want to tell you what I remember from the second day of the DOAG conference. First of all my presentation "Mobile Applikationen in der Logistik". It is about web based application implemented with JSF und ADF Mobile. You can download my presentation here. (Sorry, only in german available).

Thanks to my listeners for the interesting discussion after the introduction.

Another interesting topic, presented by Frank Nimphius from the Oracle Corporation was about: "Productive Java Enterprise Edition 5.0 Development"

From my point of view the main message of this presentation is:

- Oracle JDeveloper is the development tool for the Fusion Developer and based on this fact all functionality is to provide productivity to implement Fusion Application.

- Eclipse is the de facto Java IDE for the most java developers in the world. Oracle will support and participate on this community to provide a solution to these developers.

Conclusion: "Choose an Enviroment to develop, but technology from Oracle could be the best solution for you !"

After the presentation I had a little small talk with Frank Nimphius about the x-mas present JDeveloper TP3 and a little wish list about features I am really interested in. The most wanted is a little wizzard to build a quick interface inside an ADF BC Application Module based on Store Procedure from the database.

Best practices: Entwicklung komplexer APEX-Applikationen
Niels de Bruijn, MT AG

The presentation showed three different solutions from small to big projects implemented with Oracle APEX. It was nice to see the spectrum of APEX and the lightweight solution APEX provides to give a solution to the requirements of the projects.

My comment: It was KISS - Keep it simple and stupid

Back in my office...

It was a great conference again. Meet the people, get information about new features and trends. To sum it up: a must for all people who work with Oracle technology in the german talk area. You can download the presentation here.

And in case you finshed the questionnaire in 13 min and while eating three nuernburger fried sausage you can now enjoy your coffee or tea in the nice doag anniversary cup like me.



No comments: